Noise Exposure Monitoring
Steps on conducting noise exposure monitoring:
According to Department of Occupational Safety and Health Malaysia (DOSH), the purpose of conducting noise exposure monitoring in the workplace:
If you are concerned about the noise your business makes, or have received complaints about it, our technicians are fully certified to carry out full inspections to the satisfaction of the Malaysian Department of Environment as per the recommended noise monitoring guidelines created by them. The following parameters will be measured.
Frequently Asked Questions
To ensure that employees and occupants are safe. Failure of providing safety to the occupants of the facilities will contradict or against the law and regulations set by Department of Occupational Safety and Health Malaysia (DOSH).
The sign for noise exposure monitoring needs to be conducted:
- Are individuals required to raise their voices?
- Do workers in noisy workplaces experience ringing in their ears at the end of their shifts?
- Do they discover that when they return home from work, they must turn up the volume on their car radio higher than when they left?
- Would anyone who has spent years working in a noisy environment have difficulty understanding conversations at events, bars, or in crowds with multiple voices and “competing” noises?
According to Department of Occupational Safety and Health Malaysia (DOSH), the duration must:
- not more than (5) five years from the date of the previous noise exposure monitoring;
- or on the Director General’s direction.